Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Champions League Final pictorial.....

What a game! As previously mentioned, I was lucky enough to attend the 2005 Champions League Final game between Liverpool - Ac Milan at Istanbul. I was there to see history! I have alot to say about it, which I will later (I promise)!

I will keep this post limited to pictures. This is a pictorial of the trip in cronological order. There are many more pictures but I will stick to these! These include celebrity sightings since I was sitting next to the media boxes.

Istanpool


Pilgrimage


Outside


Franz


Hakan Sukur


Daum


Opening


Forza Milan (only when they're up 3-0)!!


Liverpool banners


final

5 Comments:

Blogger forzaq8 said...

whats that in Pilgrimage picture ? the stadium is srounded by farms ?!?

9:25 PM  
Blogger Q said...

forza, its actually in the middle of nowhere! an hour drive from Istanbul and its surrounded by nothing! What I understood was that they spent alot of time and money developing the area around the stadium but that all the nice trees that were grown were stolen!

Welcome to the Middle East!

But I have to admit, the Turks' arrangements and preperation for the game was more than excellent!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Seroo said...

The Turks did do an excellent job... they did spend around 126 million dollars alone on the Ataturk stadium and it was well worth it - just in time to host the finals! let's see if they'll nab 2012 now...
I'm glad you got to see football history right before your eyes... if you've got time, it would be cool to read about the atmosphere & intensity of the game itself from someone who was actually there... :)

4:24 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

Any of you Arsenal boys wanna write something about Cole-gate?

Was reading a few articles today and this has the potential to become something revolutionary like the Bosman ruling. For the sake of the game, I really hope not.

There's a good article on Soccernet in response to Graham Shearer's (Cole's lawyer) ludicrous claims that footballers are "employees" and should be given the freedom to actively seek employment with other clubs. That fool!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Q said...

Mo, I was thinking about that, but I think the best person to write such a thing is bahraini rants, this is a formal invitation and request from us to BR to write it, plz!

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home